         Jim,
        There are exercises that a speech therapist could provide your
mother with that may help her a little bit.  I know that some phone
companies have special microphone that can be place in the telephone for
better projection of the voice.  You can also take your mother to a voice
disorder doctor and he/she will have some suggestions.  Sometimes they use
collegian injections that help restore the voice. Please call if you have
any questions, 800-841-8765.

Claudia Perdices, MSW
National Parkinson Foundation
Patient Services & Outreach Program