HEIT BILL wrote:

> I know a bunch of PWPs (and a group of normals) who do not write
> letters and although I am willing to put petitions, letters and pens
> in their hands, I do not know to whom they should address these.

> Anyone have any ideas on where to send effective letters from your
> average quiet PWP? Although I live in IL, John Porter is from the
> other end of the state.  Nobody I can reach here has a chance to
> vote for or against him--and he knows it. Regards, WHH 54/18

Yes, it's true that they listen just to their own constituents. But
at some point the entire Labor, Health and Human Services
appropriations bill, in which funding for PD is part of the line
item for the National Institute for Neurological Diseases and Stoke
(which is in turn under the NIH) will come to the floor and will be
subject to debate and amendments from anyone in Congress and, finally
will be voted on by all of Congress.  So it makes sense to
write to your own Senators and Congressman/woman.  And, as you
indicated, contact your friends and relatives in the critical
districts and states (members on LHHS appropriations subcommittees)
asking them to do the same.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
60/9