I wish (or I think I wish) that there was a way to self-measure mental
acuity on the job.  I have felt a mental slowing down on rare occasions, but
haven't a clue about the validity of these perceptions.  I work as a
consultant with hospital trade associations and the feedback I get from my
clients (spoken and unspoken) is that they see me as mentally acute and no
different since I was diagnosed 4 years ago.  However, I DO perceive a
difference in expectations from those clients who are aware of my PD and
those who are not.  Expectations seem lower (and kindness seems higher) from
those who know I have PD.

My own feelings are that there is a lessening of mental acuity--or an
increase in mental laziness.  This may be PD related or it may be a side
effect of Zoloft which I have been taking since I was dx. (100 mg).
However, I credit the zoloft for my "good attitude" and ability to endure a
lot of little frustrations fairly easily.

I do work hard on things which I regard as mentally demanding such as
learning a new language (Italian) through tapes and now lessons, some
computer courses, and lots of exercise.
I hope this helps.