Robert,

Good idea - but good public relations firms and good public relations
people and good public relations efforts do not come cheap.  But when they
work, they are a bargain compared to poor firms and poor people and poor
efforts.

I suspect that the national organizations are already using P.R. firms as
much as their budgets allow.  I also suspect that the amounts that they
spend for P.R., directly and indirectly, look shamefully high.  These
organizations are charities and, to the greatest measure possible,
volunteer organizations.  I expect that we can all see that they wouldn't
like to news their P.R. efforts and expenses around. We've got to trust
that they know how to get the biggest bang for their buck - and our buck, too.

Art  62/12

At 08:50 AM 5/20/98 , Robert Monacci wrote:
>Martha Rohrer mentioned in a recent note that commercial firms hire
>public relation firms to enhance their image, get a message to the
>public and various other reasons. I doubt that any of the national
>Parkinson's organizations hire any but maybe they should to promote
>the Udall Bill. It seems to me that it would be worth a try and a
>prudent use of funds.
>
>Bob M. 60/7

 Arthur Hirsch {} [log in to unmask] {} Lewisville, TX {} 972-434-2377

   Always Remember This:  Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness