this supplement to my prior message is the accurate data. my memory was not
accurate.   ... ron vetter

CBO 3/98 budget information:
year                     1998 2003 2008
Defense                 269    306   357
Domestic               269    317   367
Social Security      376   471   614
Medicare               218   306   448
(where the values are billions of dollars) shows domestic spending is
projected to increase more than defense, but the Medicare more than doubles!
 The increase of $230-billion in Medicare and $238-billion in Social
Security dwarf the $98-billion increase in domestic spending.

The $0.1-billion authorized for PD should be appropriated - because it is
expected to save 250 to 2,500 times that amount each year.