> Stephan Schwartz replied re: slowing down on May 19, 1998:
>
> >     Four years ago I increased my daily dose of Ginkgo
> > Biloba tablets from 50mg to 100mg and increased my daily
> > intake of Lecithin capsules to 1200mg. Ginkgo facilitates the
> > exchange of "messages" between neurotransmitters in the
> > brain thus improving mental performance.  Lecithin helps the
> > brain manufacture a major neurotransmitter - acetylcholine -
> > which is involved with memory and complex learning.
> >    I am now able to function on the job at what I feel is a more
> > acceptable level, without the fluster and fogginess I
> > experienced several years ago.  I perceive that I am still not
> > the workplace "me" of memory, but I'm satisfied.
> >    Good luck.
> > Stephan 53/7
>
> Would Kathyrnne Holden, RD or another professional in nutrition comment on
> these supplements Stephan is using?

Dear Jeannette and others,
I am currently researching, not only the efficacy of various herbs and other
supplements, but approved sources distributing standardized products
manufactured in sanitary conditions. I think it's a very important area for
PWP, but I don't like to comment until I can assure myself that a reliable
source is available. As many of you know, Germany has spearheaded research
into herbal products and produces clean, standardized products that are
available by prescription from physicians. The U.S. does not have such a
system.

If anyone knows of such an approved company in the U.S. that distributes these
products, I'm sure listmembers and certainly I would be grateful for that
information.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--