From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of HEIT BILL
Sent:   Wednesday, May 20, 1998 11:39 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        old stuff on pallidotomy

Hole in the head gang and others, try this-old but still good:
I'm surprised I was able to find this

Pallidotomy at Stanford University
by Alan Bonander, Leah Schorr, Ph.D., Jon Stedman
Reprinted from Movers & Shakers, newsletter of Young Parkinson's Support=
=0ANetwork of CA, Volume 3 Number 5, 1994

 Stanford University Medical Center in Stanford, CA will be starting a=0A=
pallidotomy program in January / February of 1995.

 a patient use the services of Stanford University Medi=
cal=0ACenter?
Dr. Heit: They may call either Dr. Philip Wasserstein's office at (415)=
=0A723-6469 or call my office at (415) 723-5572 and tell us they are a=0A=
Parkinson's patient interested in our program.  If you call my office and=
 I am=0Anot in you will most likely speak to Melinda Fike, RN, (415) 725-=
5280.=0AMelinda is the nurse practitioner for Parkinson's disease in the =
Department of=0ANeurosurgery.  She should be able to explain the program.=

-SNIP-