Ken,

I thought it would be prudent of me to write.  I have struggled with my
mom's death in 1990 on St. Pattie's Day.  She was a very complex person.
She was a good woman overall.  Like everyone she had faults.  But I
choose to remember the good times she provided for all us.  She was
always planning a party or attending someone else's social events.  On
occasion she would go to far and offend someone.  She was quick to
apologize and soon it would be forgotten.

She always thought of other people first.  She knew how to push my
buttons but also how to say just the right thing at the right time.
Although time heels the suffering, it cannot give back the smile, the
very gregarious laugh or the well timed joke.  It cannot give back the
hugs and words of encouragement that would comfort a young Parkinsonian
who happened to be her son.  It is there every day with the Parkinson's,
and I feel the Parkinson's is far easier to deal with.  For there is no
replacing your mom, especially my mom, Judy Leeman.

I guess what I mean to say, is that you can replace friends and
co-workers and especially acquaintances.  You cannot replace the loss of
a parent.

Your friend,
Greg Leeman