Donna,
There are many possible reasons for the muscle cramps, and I think the chair is
very likely at least part of the cause. As a dietitian, though, I would ask
whether he gets sufficient calcium, magnesium, and potassium. In our society, we
often get a great deal more sodium than we need, and too little of these three
minerals, which are involved in muscle action.

If it seems he might not be getting enough, he might question his doctor about the
safety of taking supplements for a few weeks, to see if that makes a difference.
His doctor will know if there are any conditions that might be adversely affected
by supplements.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

> Joe is 59 and was diagnosed with PD approximately 10 years ago. Although
> muscle cramps in his legs have bothered him on and off for many years (maybe
> even before PD was diagnosed), they have become increasingly severe in the
> past two years. The cramps are localized in the ventral thigh muscles exactly
> where they contact the front lip of most chairs.

Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
"Nutrition you can live with!"
Medical nutrition therapy
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/