In a message dated 5/20/98 3:00:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< My grandma lives in a nursing home because her diseas
 is very sivere and she needed professional and all day attention.
 Well she was taking a medication to calm her because she would get
 really like nervous. Within the last year they have taken her off of
 it and she seemed a little calmer or something. Does anyone know of
 anyother med. that would make her any better? Thanks for your help
 and thanks to everyone that welcomed me and introduced themselves.
 You all made me feel right at home.

                         Sincerly,
                                 *DANIELLE* >>

I'm sorry that your Grandmother is no longer able to stay at home.  However,
she is lucky to have you.  There is a possibility that you can help her
greatly. Chances are there is no  problem with her medicines.  But it is worth
a look.

Someone get this young lady a list of drugs that interact poorly with PWP's.

These places vary greatly in their level of sophistication about interactive
medicines.  I noticed a LOL PWP in an otherwise very good nursing facility who
was on Haldol.  Fortunately, reasoning with the doctor got it stopped.

 Even great institutions sometimes goof.  The intern at Emory tried to give me
a dose of Reglan the night before a pallidotomy.  I believe it was part of a
non-pd neurosurgery protocol to clear the bowel before surgery,

Once you get this list Danielle, you can show it to the nursing staff and have
them put it in her chart.  That way (we hope) the staff will check the drugs
which they are contemplating giving her before they do so.  It's mean to screw
up someone with PD with an anti-dopa drug.  Ignorance (which may not be
involved here) is fixable.

Regards,
WHH 54/18