I have tried Tasmar and FAILED - or maybe it failed me. However, whatever, I
found that the smallest daily dose, 100mg, regardless of the time of day, the
combination of other PD medications (I also take Sinemet and Mirapex), state
of the barametric pressure, the state of the union or whether I took it
standing on my head..........the level of dyskinesia it caused was far more
than I want to have to deal with.  I am a 5year Post-op Palli patient - am
still experiencing many blessing from the Palli and 80% of Pre-op dyskinesia
is still GONE, thank God.  I am not interested in taking on more problems.
The Mirapex, in itself, causes dyskinesia, to a degree.  I have trouble,
enough titrating my Sinemet to a small enough dosage, frequently taken,
without compounding the problem.
I am extremely disappointed that I have reacted to Tasmar as I have.  I am a
veteran PWP, diagnosed X 16 years.  I was really looking forward to an
additional  20% control over my functional level.  Unfortunately, it didn't
happen for me.  This does not mean the drug is not a good one. IT is a great
drug for many, many people and it is exciting to read of the positive

Terrie Whitling , Patient Advocate for Emory University and PWP 43/16, trying
to do my  part to ensure us all of better days ahead!