Ron Reiner wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I just visited my neuro a couple of weeks ago and he decided to
> change my medication regimen.  Among other things he is putting
> me on 1200 mg of Neurontin (Gaba Pentin) everyday because he
> read a report which says that this anti-convulsant has been
> proven to retard the progression of PD.

I found only this one ref in my CSR files, but if you can get
hold of it, it might lead you to others:

Chana P et al; Mov Disord 1997;12:608:
Following an earlier report, they tried gabapentin on 7 patients
and found it helpful against most PD symptoms. Since gabapentin
has no affinity for D1, D2, glutamatergic, or cholinergic
receptors, they haven't a clue about how it works.

Cheers,
Joe
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road