Dear Hans,

> Perhaps our list-dietitian Kathrynne Holden can give you a much more expert
> advise and usefull comments than my layman-remarks.

Your remarks are right on target! I could add very little, in fact you'd be a great
candidate for a dietitian.

With regard to weight gain post-pallidotomy, I've been searching in vain for an
e-mail discussion I had with a colleague some time ago. She speculated that
pallidotomy may affect the portion of the brain that affects some aspect of satiety
or other area that has to do with eating, the wish to eat, or the feeling of
fullness. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate those notes! If I do find
them, though, I'll post them -- she is more experienced than I in the neurological
aspects of weight control.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--