Don --
I hope a lot of folks have told you how wonderful you are,
because you are. Like most of us PWP, I fight the same
battles as you every single day. As much as I love my wife,
when I listen to the logic of her "slow down" arguements my
instant reaction is to double my efforts to do something.
Often she doesn't say anything when, halfway through a
project, she has to retrieve me, bring me inside, give me my
meds and put me to bed. She knows she's right but I don't
and the last thing I'll do in this world is admit defeat to
PD.

There's a piece I wrote sometime ago:
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/satmorn.htm
about giving up and giving in. Cathi is grown now, married
with a child, moved away from home. God gave me those three
years, just like I asked. But I didn't keep my part of the
agreement. I still climb on the tractor and mow a couple of
acres, still wander out in the pasture to check fence lines,
still try to climb to the top of the windmill to oil the
gearbox.

I suffer because of my hardheaded ways, suffer by shaking
and hurting and ending up in all sorts of predicaments, but
I also gain, too. I gain because I know I tried, because I
refuse to allow PD to dictate my future, because I will not
go willingly down PD's path to silence. "The Wanting," as I
call it, is what keeps me alive. Wisdom in this case is not
a virtue, what a wiser person would do is not what I chose.

And at the hour of sunset, when I'm feeding the horses and
slowly walking back (stumbling) to the house, I might hurt
in every PD worn muscle I have but there is one place where
PD will never get - into my spirit. In there I am deeply
happy. I did what I wanted to do, I lived as I wanted to
live.

Keep fighting, Don. There are probably a lot of folks who
disagree, who would rather we "be logical about our
limitations" and "realize the extent of our physical
problems." High-flying talk for giving up. Let's make a deal
- let's not listen to them. We only have one chance at this
life, let's enjoy it to the fullest. You ride that tractor
and drink your java, I'll ride my horse and sing country
songs out there where no one can listen and if anyone says
anything about it, let's just grin. It'll drive them up the
wall.

--
Jerry Finch
The Official PWP Dumpster Gang Hideout