Hi Linda;

> List, Sorry if this has been discussed before, but my father with
> Parkinson's can no longer sit at a table to eat, nor can he drive.
>  As soon as he gets into these positions he has tremendous back
> pain. How can I help him?   Thank you, Linda

I doubt very much his back pain is related to Parkinson's...

My back spasms make it almost impossible to sit in any position and
certainly the kitchen chairs or driving are top of the list as
sources of agravation when you are experiencing back spasms.

I work on elevators and escalators and my dr. said many years ago
"You are not a human crane."  "You need to be in top condition and
warm-up and stretch before you try to lift abnormal weights."  I
never listened until I had a chronic back problem.

Fortunately back spasms is a treatable condition and mine responds to
ice packs;  gentle exercise (swimming is one); stretching; etc.

Once I get over the immediate problem I tend to forget I have a bad
back until I do something dumb..... A few years ago one of my
daughters talked me into cutting down a live Christmas tree at a tree
farm and carrying it out to her car etc.  I spent Christmas flat on
my back.

I suggest your father consult a good back doctor and try to get on a
program of exercise and physiotherapy aimed specifically at
alleviating back spasms through conditioning.

Best of luck ............. Murray 53/4