On Fri, 22 May 1998, Jerry Finch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Don --
>I hope a lot of folks have told you how wonderful you are,
>because you are. Like most of us PWP, I fight the same
>battles as you every single day. As much as I love my wife,
>when I listen to the logic of her "slow down" arguements my
>instant reaction is to double my efforts to do something.

SNIP

>http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/
>The PWP WebRing
>http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=parkie;list<<

Jerri,
        Not only do you make excellent Web Pages, you also make a lot of sense.
Not belittling our 'caregivers', we all know the sacrifices and lack of
companionship they have to endure, nor scoffing at the well intentioned help of
strangers, we can't afford to lose the remnants of self sufficiency left to
us.Sure it takes me twice as long to get dressed.  It would be so much easier to
accept the freely offered help.  So we can hire my grandson to mow the grass. So
I can't mow it in 10 or 12 hrs every two weeks (Jerry, theres's a down side to
living on a ranch or farm, but I would never change it. We can sing without
neigbors calling out the NP (noise pollution) police.  My dog complains
though:-)) as I once did.  I'll get it done.  So I have an appointment 50-60
miles away.  I don't need a delegated driver. You get the picture.  PD may win
in the end but not as long as vestiges of the 'me' I remember, remain.

Joe Young.