Stephan Schwartz wrote:

> 1. ELDEPRYL -  My first PD med, seven years ago, was
> 5mg Eldepryl daily.  This was increased to 5mg twice a day,
> later Sinemet CR was added three times a day.  During the
> entire time I used Eldepryl as monotherapy I do not recall
> any side effects from Eldepryl.  When I added Sinemet CR I
> began to experience the adverse effect of vivid dreams and
> nightmares.

Boa noite Stephan ,  (it is evening now ... )

I forgot to mention I did experience this too and a increase in the
sexual impulse and desire also .

>      Because each PWP lives a singular lifestyle it is difficult
> to generalize about side effects/adverse effects of a particular
> med on the universe of PWPs.

Undoubtedly !

> 2. OTHER DRUGS/SUPPLEMENTS - .
>      For instance: Zinc to improve the immune system (Zinc is
> important to maintain vitamin E in the blood); Potassium to
> maintain muscles and water balance in the cells; vitamin C
> aids in the production of red blood cells and fights infection;
> vitamin E promotes efficient use of oxygen by muscles; B
> vitamins (B-1, B-2, B-3, B-6 & B-12) help to maintain the
> nervous system, metabolism, energy, improve blood
> circulation.  I believe all the above benefits are
> uncontradicted...........<snippped>
>      So, when I started experiencing PD symptoms I had
> years of personal experience to consult concerning how
> vitamins, minerals and food supplements affect my daily
> health.  Generally, I avoid taking too many vitamins, minerals
> or supplements at any one meal.  I spread out my doses
> over a 12 hour period.  I postpone much of my protein intake
> to the late afternoon and evening.  Some vitamins, etc. I take
> less than daily. I try to take synergistic (work in combination)
> vitamins, etc. together (C & E, B-6 & Potassium) and avoid
> taking vitamins, etc. with other substances that block their
> effectiveness (antibiotics, caffeine, aspirin, iron & vitamin E
> together).

In my case I only take as supplement the vitamin E but eat daily 3 or 4
bananas (rich in K) to avoid cramps since i still am a player (almost
daily) of soccer and volley-ball .

I did not know that caffeine blocks the effectiveness of vitamin E etc.
, is it that so ? I am a heavier intaker of strong coffee from day to
night....   :-)  (I suppose I am a addict of it )

Thanks for giving your experience in handling these drugs and
supplements .
Best wishes .

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+