>Good morning folks.
>
>Well, I just acquired a new PD Trait.
>
>I was sleeping in my lazy boy chair and dreamed I was in a fight. I remember
>dreaming I tried to hit my assailant on the head with my gun but I missed.
>Maureen said I thru the remote across the room and thru my self violently out
>of the chair on to the floor. Maureen got scared but in retrospect I thought
>it was kind of funny.

Dale,

I am not sure why you named it eratic dream. my several similar events were
triggered in the dream when I got into extreme danger, also.  I conjecture
that the brain monitoring of the sleeping/dream state that keeps our motor
system non-functioning while dreaming is not getting enough dopamine to keep
it fast enough to circumvent the body from moving.

once, I leaped out of bed (to avoid a hand grenade blast) taking all the
blankets with me. This left Nancy startled awake with no covering - and me
with sore places from landing on a chair and stationary bicycle.

another time, I kicked a lion twice - actually, kicked that chair twice as I
leaped out of bed; once with the left foot and once with the right. Those
toes turned black and blue.

numerous occasions when kicking dogs or cats try to bite me in dreams have
left me in bed with just quilts receiving the blows - but, Nancy got a kick
or glancing hit a couple of times.

this happens infrequently now.  it may be that Mirapex contributes to the
vivid dreaming, but just levodopa can provide this surprise alarm service to
spouse and PD person.

Ronald Vetter  1936, dz PD 1984, carbidopa/levodopa, Mirapex, selegiline
[log in to unmask]     Ridgecrest, California
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter