In a message dated 5/23/98 2:58:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Case in point: GDNF. I read so many things about this treatment, and was
 beginning to get excited about it. Then, it got caught in the red tape, and I
 haven't heard a damned thing for about a year now. >>

Jacob; I heard Dr. Michael Zigmundy(spelling) speak to the group in Pitt last
week end. The drug is still in the investigation stage and will not be ready
for an estimated 4-5 years to be submitted to FDA. A method of delivery to the
brain thru the blood brain bearier needs to be developed and the method of
delivery to the target area also has to be developed. I tapped the
presentation. If anyone is interested send me your land address and I will
send you a copy. If more than one request we will just pass it around from one
to another

Dale