Dear Janet,

At 08:27 PM 5/24/98 EDT, you wrote:

>SPAM
>= that canned usa-manufactured pseudo ham
>= 'junk' e-mail spewed to all and sundry
>
>LOL
>= laughing out loud
>
>PD
>= parkinson's disease
>
>PWD
>= person with parkinson's disease
>
>PARKIE
>= another version of person with parkinson's disease
>
><g> = grin or giggle
><s> = smile
> :-)   = smile
>IMHO = in my humble opinion,
>FWIW = for whatever it's worth,
>his expression I.Y.Q.
>as pronounced in english
>sounds like 'eye why kew'
>and if said quickly, can sound like 'i wike you',
>which can sometimes be interpreted as 'baby-talk' for 'i like you'

I like to add some abbr. (hehehe, that is short for abbreviations) to your
turbo-language.

first of all the land-code at the end of many addresses.

CA = Canada, NL = Netherlands, DE = Germany, DK = Danmark,
UK = United Kingdom, BE = Belgium, FR = France, IL = Israel and many others
you can think of yourself.

We also have, more commonly used, PWP = Person With Parkinson's

In the chatboxes many abbr. r used. Words are abbreviated to one letter
and/or number.

An example      : "how r u?" "i'm gr8, thnx"
transcription   : "How are you?"  "I'm doing great, thank you"

ppl = people

People will use as less characters as possible. No time wasted with making
capitals. Numbers in stead of parts of words and signs in stead of words or
parts of sentences. Words abbreviated to one character etc etc.

A few examples

brb = be right back   oic = Oh, I see    ttyl = type to you later

Using this turbo-language one can end up writing a letter in half the time
one needs to in normal letters. But the time a reader has to spend in order
to read it, is not interesting for the sender.

ttyl, gr8 eve,

greet's fr tx

Kees