Pul-eeeeeeze, Ivan, black leather and flowers are SO passe!  To make it in
Washington you need to wear a power suit - uhhhhh.... except on "casual
Fridays." <grin> - OR to be a world famous celebrity.

Kidding aside, m'dear, no one ever promised us it'd be easy, but at the same
time, no one ever told us it'd be THIS tough to not only get the &!@%! Udall
Bill not only passed but funded.

YOUR frustration is shared by all of us - it's a COLLECTIVE frustration.   And
your hatred of this terrible disease is ALSO a collective hatred.

Personally, I believe there's one element missing from the grass roots
advocacy, and that's an effective showing of NUMBERS... Hundreds and thousands
of tremoring, shaky, and... well you know the assorted movement disorder
symptoms, don't ya?  PLUS their care givers, AND their families, AND their
friends, in one place at the same time - kinda like the "Million Man March....
perhaps in front of the NIH....WITH the press, and WITH as many celebrities as
is humanly possible.

And this shouldn't be limited to just PD... it should reflect those movement
disorders that are similar to or related to Parkinson's because folks with
THOSE diseases not only stand to benefit from PD research but they also swell
our numbers.   We should encourage THEM to join our numbers and make them
welcome!  (actually, we should do THAT anyway, 'cause it's the humane thing to
do)

No more conferences with award banquets and chicken dinners for a couple of
hundred people.   We need to be seen in our entirety!  We need to be
recognized in our MILLIONS!

Hugs and love to ya, Ivan...

Barb Mallut