>I am happy to be able to join your ranks. Troy 70/3,Sinemet CR 25/100, three
>times a day. Expecting a rough ride and hoping for your support .

curious that you are expecting a rough ride. are you three years with
symptoms? but only recently starting the 3 Sinemet CR tablets?

>Today I have two questions :
>
>1., I was told to time the Sinemet intake 8 hours apart (e.g. 6;00AM ,2:00
>PM and 10 PM).  Red somewhere that the above mentioned Sinemet has about 6
>hours controlled release period. Does it mean that there will be   2 hours
>"OFF" time before each application  ? Wouldn't I be better off to take the
>dose 6:00 Am, 12:00 noon and 6:00 PM with 6 hours "OFF" time during my night
>sleep period ?

Yes, in my opinion. I would be surprised if you get good results for 6
hours.

>2., Taking the above described tab and sitting relaxed in my recliner chair,
>within minutes I start to feel "twitching " f my nerves in hands, but
>without any tremor. That may come perhaps minutes later and advantually
>vanish.  I am surprised , it seems to me that the levodopa  is inducing the
>symptoms, not limiting them ???

The medication is not likely to give effect within minutes.  it will
probably be 45 minutes to an hour - unless you are only slightly deficient
in dopamine supply - before much levodopa is entering your brain.  the peak
blood concentration is extremely variable as is it's time to reach that peak
with the CR medicine.

what are your symptoms of most concern to you?

Is your feeling of tremor/twitching in both hands?

Ronald Vetter  1936, dz PD 1984, carbidopa/levodopa, Mirapex, selegiline
[log in to unmask]     Ridgecrest, California
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter