Barbara,
Have you considered liquid Sinemet? It might smooth out the dose throughout the day. If not,
what about a different medication regime? Has his neuro considered other meds?

And finally, is he getting enough calcium and vitamin D to protect his bones when he falls (1200
mg calcium, 400 IUs vit D/day)? This can be a problem for PWP as the foods richest in both are
also high in protein -- i.e., dairy products. I'd recommend fortified cereals, fortified orange
juice, and fortified milk alternates, as well as supplements, unless his doctor knows of some
reason why these would not be appropriate, or is satisfied with his current intake.
My very best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD