Barb,
I fell five or six times a week at least for many years.  I,  too,
had the most trouble with fallling when I was overdosed and
dyskinetic.  Does your husband have freezing episodes along with
festination (short steps) before falling?  Usually freezing occurs
when in the "off" state, however.  I found I became stabilized
somewhat with the addition of the dopamine agonist bromocriptine in
very small quantities but enough so that I could lower the sinemet
and overcome getting dyskinetic.  My Dr. said he had never had
another PWP react that way, however.

I learned also to beware of certain situations and walk carefully:
when entering a restricted area, when changing direction and when
turning.  When in a restricted area I purposely controlled my mind
not to think of this situation but instead to concentrate on what I
was going to do when I reached my destination.  Mind set does help in
some situations because it is a visual spatial conception that is
awry in PWP.  Another suggestion:  if you have never added Amantadine
to your husband's sinemet it might be worth a try at least with one
100mg/day.  It helps about 60% of those who try it for awhile.  Ask
your doctor about it.  It's an old med from the late 1960's which is
regaining popularity because it has few distasteful side effects.
Good luck and God bless.  I know how scary falling can be.

                           Bev