Hi Folks,

I just visited my neuro a couple of weeks ago and he decided to change my
medication regimen.  Among other things he is putting me on 1200 mg of
Neurontin (Gaba Pentin) everyday because he read a report which says that
this anti-convulsant has been proven to retard the progression of PD.  I
was already taking Neurontin for my restless legs but he is quadrupling the
dose.

Has anyone else heard this?  I had seen a web page (on Fibro Mylagia) of
questionable reliability which indicated that both Ritalin and Neurontin
retard the progression of PD.  I'm due to see him again in a couple of
weeks and I will try to get a hold of a copy of the report to share with you.

                Ron Reiner (50/3)