hi hans

you wrote:
>Hello Janet (Paterson),
>This study was not directly conducted as PD-research.
>But if you combine the search for genetic causes for PD with the above
>research-result, there could be a reason for a follow-up-study, and then
>PD-related!! Often PD has been thought linked to a certain "personality".
>In many PWP the need for "novelty-seeking" has become less!

i scan the news on the internet each day for items of interest to me
frequently, those items tend to be related to the ways our brains work,
but they are not necessarily connected with PD

i have read some articles about a so-called 'parkinson personality'
but the research so far seems pretty superficial

>...Do you know of any studies researching the combination:
>"novelty-seeking",genes (e.g. DRD4) and PD?

not specifically, but you could try a search at pubmed:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/

if you dig up anything interesting
do let us know!

janet

janet paterson aka calendar control supervisor
51/10 - sinemet/selegiline/prozac - [log in to unmask]
quotations: http://newww.com/cgi-bin/do_cal?c:newvoice
pwp event calendar: http://newww.com/cgi-bin/do_cal?c:pwpc