a friend in Raleigh sent me these . . .nancy v

you know that you are getting old when . . .

  Middle age is when you want to see how long your car will last,
instead of how fast it will go.

  A woman has reached middle age when the only pinches she gets are from
her girdle!

  A lot of us are at the awkward age when Father Time starts catching up
with Mother Nature.

  We're at that point in life when everything starts to wear out, fall
out, or spread out.

  I've reached the age where it's harder and harder to think of my body
as a temple...It's more like a building project that got out of control.

  At our age, forget the natural ingredients...we need all the
artificial color and preservatives we can get.

  When you're old, the challenge is not in bending down to touch your
toes; it's in remembering what you're there for once you arrive.

  Age is mostly a matter of mind...if you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

  My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.

  One of the side benefits of forgetting names and faces---You keep
meeting new people every day!

  If you find yourself wearing one brown shoe and one black shoe, you
have another pair just like it somewhere in your closet.

  If the toothbrush is wet, you HAVE brushed your teeth.

  GOOD NEWS: I've finally discovered the Fountain of Youth---BAD NEWS:
At my age, I've forgotten what I wanted to do with it.

  Just remember, you may be OLDER today than you have ever been before,
but you are YOUNGER than you will ever be again.

  Thank the dear Lord that wrinkles don't HURT!!!

  Inside every older person, there's a younger person wondering what
happened.

  Now, repeat after me, "I'm not REALLY old, I'm just 'chronologically
gifted'.

  KEEP SMILING!   The luscious plum forgot to...and became a prune.