Dear Barbara,

You said you were unclear as to whether festination is a symptom of PD or=
side effect of the meds.

This is unclear to everyone  but let me offer my opinion.  Festination li=
ke
dyskinesia is not a side effect of medication but rather is a symptom of
basic PD pathology  which is manifested in the presence of exogenous
dopamine.  Furthermore, this pathology is actually a visual perceptive or=

vision processing problem.  The same pathology in the absence of dopamine=
 =

manifests itself as akinesia.  So I would speculate that akinesia and
dyskinesia are two sides of the same coin and the side that is "up" is a
function of medication level. Manipulating various parameters of vision c=
an
impact on akinesia, dyskinesia and festination and ultimately falling as
well.

regards,

Tom