Barb, I have had dry eyes for years and my Opthamologist recommended  Refresh
plus too. I'll probably hear from some people that this is a dangerous
practice, but for years, when I open one of the little vials in the morning, I
save it and use the unused portion at night. I also keep the regular Refresh
on hand(it also comes in little vials and has no preservative) I use it the
same way and save the expensive stuff for "Bad Eye" days. Maybe this would
work for you too. Good luck,  Barbara Smith,CG/Ken/70/17