HEIT BILL wrote:

> In a message dated 5/27/98 12:51:20 AM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
> writes:
 I feel as if  I'm using up all my dopamine when I exercise a lot.> The
conventional wisdom is that increased activity does not "use up"
dopamine
> stores.  However, as I found while recover recovering from a five day "drug
> holiday," vigorous exercise does indeed cut short acute "on time."

You bet! It's one of the most definite effects of strenuous exertion,
either physical or mental. The exhaustion is real, accompanied by
increased pulse and breathing rate, but distinguished from the
ordinary kind by its quick onset, and equally quick disappearance
within minutes after you move up the next scheduled dose of levodopa.
I've also found that taking the extra dose beforehand will prevent
the sudden collapse, as long as you don't overdo it. When you use
up the supplemental (from medication) dopamine supply in your
system, it may take several days to recover. Cheers,
Joe
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403-5013