From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Camilla H.Flintermann
Sent:   Wednesday, May 27, 1998 2:49 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: Eye-problems

Thanks, Barb M.-- as it happens, Peter uses, at his doc's suggestion, the
single serving ampules of Alcon brand "Tears Naturale Free" which also have
no preservatives. I think they cost a little less, for 32 re-closable
vials. P. uses each vial twice, as they have a cap that can be closed for
cleanliness.  Instructions say to discard 12 hrs. after opening. They work
well for him, but I will confess that I do the dropping--the guy's bone
lazy about trying not to stab his eyeballs! ;-)  The fact that each can be
used for 2 doses to both eyes makes the cost less.  Don't know what to do
about the tremor, though!

Camilla, and All...
SNIPPED
>The Sjogren's-list-folks recommend the use of
>"Refresh Plus" lubricant eye drops made by
>Allergan, which has NO PRESERVATIVES.  This
>last NON-ingredient is very important as far as your
>comfort level and unfortunately, it seems all over-
>the-counter eye drops DO have preservatives
>EXCEPT for the "Refresh Plus" brand.
>
>The reason this brand can omit preservatives is
>because EACH dose of  eye drops is individually
>packaged in single-dose, disposable plastic container.
>THAT makes a world of difference in your comfort
>level and your eyes'll thank ya for it 'cause they'll feel
>SOOOO good after a shot of Refresh Plus  - I'm using
> the product now and it's GREAT!  TOTAL eye comfort!
>
>The bad news:
>
>Thirty individually packaged doses of Refresh plus
>(one box of 30) cost $9.95!  I use eye drops twice
>a day, minimum (used 'em much MORE prior to
>changing over to the Refresh Plus product), and this
>is just beyond my means on an ongoing basis.
>I suspect most other PWPs will feel the same
>about the cost.
SNIPPED