There was an article in the SJ Mercury News last year or something that
talked about this kid who suddenly started having seizures etc etc..They
had been to all kinds of doctors but nobody had been able to make a precise
diagnosis.. but one of the things the article talked about was that this
little boy used to play a lot of Video games..

My son who is now 4 would get into a fit when we went to the Video store
and he saw the Sega systems..He is totally capitvated by them and so far
we've managed not to get them/ let him play with them.  I think he is too
young etc- but to make a long story short, the article brought home the
point to me that things like Video games have not been around long
enough for us to study the developmental effects on children.

And some of these games are addictive- there was a time when I was
constantly turning the pieces and dropping them when I first started
playing tetris.. even when I was not playing, my mind was!  And I got
really badly hooked onto this card game called spider..

abi