Linda, I have a few ideas, from a non-medical point of view. Try cushions on
the seats, or maybe a lumbar pillow. If the car has power adjustable seats,
try various positions. My wife has disk damage in her back from an accident
and used to use a TENS unit, which is a small electronic device which attaches
to pads that are place on the body, a low power electric current goes through
the body and "fools" the pain nerves, which masks the pain. It is adjusted by
the user and it is effective. I am sure it must prescribed by a doctor.
Barbara also does daily exersizes for the last few years, which keeps her back
pain to a minimum. She says walking helps, too. [log in to unmask]