Jerry Finch, and all of us,

Every day we are alive is a special occasion.

you wrote in part:

<<<Someone has already questioned what I have to gain out of
all this. Caught me cold, put the barrel of the gun right
there on my forehead and made me tell the truth. Okay, I
admit it. As ashamed as I am to tell you this, I'd like to
see my three grandchild grow up. I'd like to teach them to
love horses as much as I do. I'd like to go on long walks
with my wife. I'd like to throw all my pills in the trash
and wake up in the morning feeling wonderful. Pure
selfishness.

You don't know me and I don't know you, either. But we have
something in common, you and I, something neither of us
want. Let's work together to get rid of our problem. Maybe
we won't succeed - but at least we tried.>>>

i tend to pick nits
you left the 'ren' off the word grandchildren

your truth and wants - parallel mine
how can you be ashamed of these universal truths?

feeling wonderful
how child-like
nearly perfect
feeling full of wonder - choosing to live - seeing that i can see and look
and smell and decide to be

to meet the challenge - to live well with what i have left- to en-joy my
life - to contribute - to discover, learn, teach, display, my spirit - my
humanity

these win the day
these defeat the "problem" - the PD - the limitations

we have much in common
humanity

knowing thyself
eventually involves our selves
we are on this earth
we are each part of us
Alan B inspired many (our Gipper)

let us win one for Alan's spirit of self-less-ness

all of Congress will feel good about their having supported our cause - if
we can help them understand - we all must do what seems best for each other
- to feel good

to be good - to do good - is the primary process that causes one (and all
some day?) to feel good

Ron Vetter  1936, dz PD 1984, carbidopa/levodopa, Mirapex, selegiline

Piet Hein wrote:

I'd like to know
what this whole show
is all about
before it's out.

makes me wonder how good i feel some times when i give what some other wants
or needs