Aliistair,

>Asperine ? What is it ? Where can I get it?

Aspirine is in Holland the most commomly used over the counter painkiller.
It 's name
is used in Dutch as a colloquial for pain killing meds.in general. It is
acetylsalicylacid. If taken too frequent in too high dosis it might cause
renal problems. It does not have realy spectacular effects on dykinesia,
but its my impression the dyskinesia decreases when I use it.

>> I never heard this from someone else. But it helps only, if taken in a
>> rather high doses
>>
>> I get dyskinesia 3/4 hour after taking the first pill in the morning
>in a brief period between a PD reduced muscle function state and
>a normal muscle function state , and a much longer more intense period
>at the end of dosage going the opposite way in muscle function.
>Explaining everything in terms of dopamine , it wuold seem that
>dyskinesia is caused by a certain  level of dopamine .

The cause of the end of dose dykinesia is more complex than a certain level
of dopamine, because also the dopamine levels of the past do have their
influence. After a drug free day I can take dopamine without any trace of
dyskinesia, then during the next days the wearing off effect builds up. If
it is heavy as it was before pallidotomy it could last for many hours, when
in theory dopamine was supposed to have lost its effect at all. In that
condition it tended to worsen when I tried to reach a higher level of
dopamine by taking another sinemet.
                    Ida Kamphuis

Vriendelijke Groeten / Kind regards,

Ida Kamphuis                            mailto: [log in to unmask]