In a message dated 5/30/98 11:15:30 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< if it only works for one year
 which is what all reports about the drug say, then will it work again at
 some later stage of the disease"? Or are they saying that it will
 continue to be of some benefit for many years, from early stages to late
 stages. I am taking it now as my only PD med, is it some help, but not a
 lot. I have tremor as only symptom. Anyone have any clue?

Maybe this is what you want to know:
My Amantadine has continued t o exert its anti-Parkinson effect for about 15
years now.  While it is weaker than other drugs,  I miss it as soon as I stop
it.  However, the powers that be in the physician community have only recently
discovered its anti-dyskinesia effects as significant.

Regards,
WHH 54/18