The current issue (May '98) of the Parkinson News, pub. by the Central Ohio
Parkinson Society(COPS) in Columbus features this

                         "CHARTER"

        People with Parkinson's have the right to:
                *be referred to a doctor with a
                  special interest in Parkinson's
                *receine an accurate diagnosis
                *have access to support services
                *receive continuous care, and
                *take part in managing the illness.

This was " Declared this 11th day of April, 1997 and taken from the first
World Parkinson's Disease Day", co-sponsored by the World Health
Organization, which also published a 4-page fact sheet on PD.  COPS has a
in their office and offers to share it with anyone interested.  They also
have a 5-minute video about the Charter from the European PD Assn., which
they suggest would provide info for support group discussion, and which
they will lend.
I am supposing that one need not be in Ohio to take advantage of these
offers--(Michael Beetner can correct me if I'm wrong) so inquire from:
        Central Ohio Parkinson Society, 1380 Dublin Rd.
                Columbus, OH  43218-0313,ph: (614)486-3706
####################
They are also seeking someone to replace their Exec. Director who is
leaving, and as of the pub. of the Newsletter, were welcoming resumes.

Just "FYI" in case anyone is interested!

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/9
  Oxford, OH
"http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/camilla/one.htm" My Home Page

                 * Ask me about the CARE list for*