        Vic:

        Don't feel bad! I've been in the computer related business for
        35 years and I learn something every day! However, at my age,
        most of it I forget.

        It would sound like you are losing the connection to your
        Internet Service Provider, AOL.  The fact that you cannot get
        a connect to any other WWW site as well as the drug database,
        indicates that your dialup connection has failed and dropped
        the circuit.

        How do you connect to AOL?  Does an icon present itself somewhere
        on the screen? If so, is it present when you cannot access the
        web?

        What I have found is that most sites will shut down your connection
        when there has been a lapse in access to the network over a period
        of time. I usually get my EMail to check for mail every 3 minutes.
        This keeps my ISP (Independent Service Provider) aware that I am
        still around and needing to be connected.

        Let me know what you see when you can't get access and perhaps we
        can find a way to get you out of the 'pickle' you're in.

        Best wishes.........Jack

        P.S. Don't be bashful! There are a lot of helpful people out on
        this list and YOU WILL find and answer to the problem.

E. Jack Savely CG for Jeannette 59/21+ Topeka, KS
KANSAS - 'THE WHEAT STATE' HOME OF THE SUNFLOWER AND 'TOTO'
Ad Astra per Aspera  -  'To the Stars through Difficulty'