Janet,
Thanks for the information re Zoloft and Eldepryl.  I am now more confused.

My neurologist and my psychiatrist recently took me off Effexor (because of
side-effects), and put me on Zoloft.  According to the psychiatrist, Zoloft
produces less side-effects than other antidepressants.  Of course, as you well
know, everyone does not react the same to these drugs.

Forgive me if I I'm wrong....I'm trying to remember exactly what my neurolgist
and my psychiatrist told me re the above.  It seems there are two types of MAO
inhibitors:  MAO-a inhibitors and MAO-b inhibitors.  Eldepryl is a MAO-b type,
which I believe produces less adversive reactions when combined with certain
drugs or food.

Another factor that supposedly affects the overall situation is the dosage
amount of the antidepressant.  Both doctors told me that the dosage of
antidepressant I was taking would not cause problems with the Eldepryl.  (This
concerned Effexor, Paxil, and Zoloft.)  I am presently taking 50mg. of Zoloft.

I know that Emory did a study on PD patients a few years back to see how well
they did on Paxil.

I think this subject is very confusing for PWP.  If there are any PD doctors
out there, perhaps you could enlighten us on this subject.

Sincerely,
Rosemary Russell   50,  4 1/2 yrs.