*** York Mystery Plays 1998 ***

As Sally-Beth says, the plays are being performed in the streets of York on Sunday 12th July; in true medieval style,
you can even book a place in the stands to watch! For more information about the plays and the other events that are
taking place as part of the York Early Music Festival, see their website at www.netcomuk.co.uk/~yemf/festival.htm

May I also take this opportunity to say that if you are haven't yet registered for our colloquium on the English mystery
plays on 11-12th July, 'The Word on the Streets', please do so as soon as possible; there are only a couple of places
left now. More information can be found on the Centre for Medieval Studies' website at
www.york.ac.uk/inst/cms/web/mysty.htm

Best wishes, Chris.

Dr Christopher Humphrey
British Academy Research Fellow

Centre for Medieval Studies, University of York,
King's Manor, Exhibition Square, York, YO1 2EP.

Tel: (01904) 433956 (work) (01937) 557620 (home)

Fax: (01904) 433918  E-mail: [log in to unmask]