June 4th 1998

During my search for a reasons behind my ill health over the 9 years of
misdiagnosis before PD, mercury amalgam poisoning was high on the list of
causes. The symptoms are quite similar for both. There is too much ignorance
about the long term effects of mercury poisoning from dental fillings. I have
18 M/amalgam fillings including root fillings leaching away in my mouth for the
best part of 35/40 years. I still believe that it may have been contributing to
my own PD along with other factors such as being drenched with organophosphates
from dipping sheep on a farm.

Does anyone know if there has been any research on the long term effects of
mercury amalgam fillings in relation to PD? I know that it is too late for me
and there is little comfort in looking backwards but there may be hope for
others in the future if a connection could be proved in this case?

Jon