Dear listfriends,
You may like to know that  the American Dietetic Association has awarded
me a grant to write a manual on nutrition and Parkinson's disease for
registered dietitians. Although this does not have the significance of
attaining a cure for PD, I regard it as a breakthrough for my
profession, in that the ADA wants to promote improved understanding of,
and nutritional care for, PD. I hope this will lead the way to better
care for people in hospitals and long-term-care; but primarily, I hope
it will initiate earlier preventive measures that will help keep people
with PD out of hospitals and LTC in the first place.

Additionally, the National Parkinson Foundation has asked to reprint a
portion of "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease."  I am happy
that this organization recognizes the risk factors for malnutrition and
is taking a proactive stance in helping to advance wellness promotion
and prevention of malnutrition, as well as research into finding a cure
for PD.

My very best regards,
Kathrynne

--