Hi Kathrynne!

You wrote:
>  Dear listfriends,
>  You may like to know that  the American Dietetic Association has awarded
>  me a grant to write a manual on nutrition and Parkinson's disease for
>  registered dietitians. Although this does not have the significance of
>  attaining a cure for PD, I regard it as a breakthrough for my
>  profession, in that the ADA wants to promote improved understanding of,
>  and nutritional care for, PD. I hope this will lead the way to better
>  care for people in hospitals and long-term-care; but primarily, I hope
>  it will initiate earlier preventive measures that will help keep people
>  with PD out of hospitals and LTC in the first place....

I think this is a very significant accomplishment; well done! An added benefit
to those you mention, is simply our biggest challenge right now - awareness
and visibility.

I am so conscious of the need for public awareness, that I consider it an
opportunity, if I happen to hit an 'off' period when I am in public view. I
refuse to consider it an embarassment.

Inch by inch, step by step, and then watch out!

Your cyber-sibling in word-spreading,

Janet

Janet Paterson aka Calendar Control Supervisor
51/10 - Sinemet/Selegiline/Prozac - [log in to unmask]
Quotations: http://newww.com/cgi-bin/do_cal?c:newvoice
PWP Event Calendar: http://newww.com/cgi-bin/do_cal?c:pwpc