> Are you (or anyone else in our PD group) aware of whether people
> with PD are eventually put on respirators because of this?

This is a valid question.  I've never heard of, or cared for, anyone with
'pure' PD who was put on a respirator because of breathing difficulties
secondary to muscle failure.  It is more common to have patients with  PD
contract  pneumonia as a consequence of aspiration (swallowing food into
their windpipes).  If the pneumonia is severe enough, treatment *might*
include putting the patient on a respirator - but only for a short period of
time.
------
Regards
Mary Ann