^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman      48/11                 [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses      46   deg. F

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998 11:48:43 -0400 Bruce Anderson
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Ivan

>IVAN, I DO UNDERSTAND YOUR DESIRE TO GET OUT THERE AND BE SEEN.  I
>THINK
>JULY 4 AS A DAY TO GO TO WASHINGTON TO BE SEEN AND HEARD  IS A GOOD
>ONE.
>
>Bruce Anderson (52, 3+, feels like 30+)
>Schooley's Mtn., NJ

Dear Bruce and Listmembers,

  Upon a little reflection, the word "Protest" is now "Visibility" and
the date is July 3rd, not July 4th.
Please read on...

  Like Thoreau on Walden Pond, I would be prepared to participate in an
act of CIVIL disobedience, if that is what it takes for us to get noticed
and FUNDED, but only as a LAST resort...

   I am really really hoping that we can have a National Day of
Visibility.  Visibility within the law is what I feel is best--I full
agree with you there.

   How about if we PWP's on the list and our caregivers, who live day in
and day out with the PD  "MONSTER," develop a FLYER about PD and the
UDALL funds,  which could be passed out in front of Post Offices all over
the land?

    Whether in midtown Hollywood, midtown Manhattan, Schooley's Mountain,
New Jersey or the desert of Utah, EVERYBODY has a post office.

     At many, many local events, we could have information tables, get
PETITIONS signed, distribute bumper stickers, perhaps have a prayer
circle, or provide speakers who are knowledgeable..  We could distribute
bumper stickers, tulip pins and many other pins, T-shirts, and Udall Bill
information.

     There would have to be a National Coordinating Committee with
regional Sub-Committees, each composed of several tireless and dedicated
people, who are ready to wage a full-scale assault on our
Invisibility,and  create a huge wave of MEDIA attention and Visibility.

    "To appear on TV,  or to perish" seems to be the way things work
today--so a media campaign to get the tv CAMERAS, along with the news
writers, out IN NUMBERS, is essential.

     Yes,  Bruce, sometimes I am passionately IMPATIENT-after 11 years of
this horrible monster breathing down my neck, I will do what is necessary
to slay the dragon.  But I would certainly stay within the legal options
available to us PWP's.

   As for the actual Day of Visibility--July 4 is actually a day when
Post Offices are closed--so maybe July 3 is better- a busy Friday at the
post office.

   Lots of customers, lots of attention, lots of personal contact
possible.  BUT, I don't know-I  just think that in this PARKINSON'S FORUM
(THIS LIST) , we have a real opportunity to develop a plan.

  By the way- black leather and flowers might be too 60's-ish--maybe I'll
wear GREEN,  for a future in which the growth of ideas and research
become well-rooted and well-nourished, until the PD cure is found once
and for all.

   Bruce, it is so wonderful to see your willingness to be VISIBLE.
Thank you.

   And, I wonder, who ELSE out there could actually donate TIME and help
to organize a National Day of VIsibility?

   What's next, folks?

 Ivan Suzman