Hi, my name is Amy & I just signed on this newsgroup. I am interested in
hearing from any care-givers re: what they are doing to help in the
Parkinson's battle. My father, age 62--whom I idolize--has had PD for over
10 years. I (like countless others) would do absolutely anything to help
find a cure for this horrible disease and give him back the life he so much
deserves. I would like to hear of ways to participate in volunteer work; how
and what to write to in order for bills to be passed and appropriate funding
to be granted for research, etc...both nationally and particularly in the
midwest.
I would also like to hear from anyone in regards to new medications and
treatments. (My dad had a successful  pallidotomy last December, so I do
know about that particular option.)
Anything anyone would like to share with me would be wonderful and
appreciated! I welcome any questions as well!
Thank-you for your time,
Amy