Ivan, and All...

Just a thought, but if I were you I'd keep in mind that in naming July 3 (or
any other day immediately before or after a national holiday) as Parkinson's
Visibility Day (or whatever), you'll be competing with holiday vacations,
trips out of town, family get togethers and parties, etc... In other words, a
large percentage of those whom you'd like to see taking an interest in
Parkinson's will be distracted by social events and obligations due to the
holiday.

Think on it.... And while you're thinking on it, also do some soul searching
as to whether you're prepared to pick up the ball and run the whole way with
it when planning a nation-wide event.  There's a TON of work involved in such
a project - however needed and worthy it may be.

Often folks get all worked up in the planning stage and fade away once they
see the sheer volume of work involved.   Eventually many of  those people who
endorsed such a project initially depart to parts unknown, leaving the project
to either wither on the vine or to be made into a much lesser event than
originally planned and not end up achieving what it was intended to do in the
first place.

In my opinion, this ain't gonna fly as described, tho if it gets off the
ground, I wish you and everyone participating every success.

Barb Mallut