Hi all,

Bruce wrote in reply to Arthur's "teasing" correction of Gail:

>I think I'd rather be called a Foreigner.

As a Canadian (and Canadians are used to and often sensitive to Americans'
frequent neglect of our existence), I have to admit that I had a twinge when
I read Gail's use of the word 'foreigner.' But I did not say anything in my
reply to her -- her idea was great and I sent her, privately, a letter for
her to send to her representative.

Since the issue has been raised on the list, I would add my 2 cents by
noting that we should all remember that this is an international list
(though the vast majority of listmembers are from the U.S.). We are in a
real sense all citizens of the world.

A very common phrase used in Atlantic Canada (sometimes a bit pejoratively)
is to refer to others not of the region as 'come from away,' of "CFAs"

I think we can find friendly ways of recognizing the diversity of the list.

TTFN
Peter

Peter Kidd
Learning Materials Consulting Services
62 Coronation Avenue, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3N 2M6 Canada
Tel/FAX: (902) 443-4262 Email: [log in to unmask]