From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Janet Paterson
Sent:   Monday, June 01, 1998 11:29 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: calendar

hi barb

>I have this vision, as this PD Events Calendar takes
>off, of  Janet sitting there at her keyboard 16 hours a
>day, 7 days a week, typing a huge list of upcoming events!

"typing?"
what a strange old-fashioned word...

the technique i have been using to "input" calendar events
is "keyboarding"

and the technique i have been using to create the updates
is "copying and pasting" direct from the calendar web pages

>Heck.... It's unlikely that Janet's gonna ever have ANY
>free time again due to typing the Events Calendar day in,
>day out,

i will make you eat your words, ms mallut!
now that i have had a little hands-on experience
i can "input" one event in a minute or two, maximum

>since this IS a valuable and long over due service for us,

i agree
the idea did not occur to me, however
the concept kudos have to go to that web-ring-master, jerry finch

in addition, jerry researched the calendar programs on the web
before selecting the one we are using

>I 'd at LEAST like to thank her for taking on the job.
>MANY THANKS, JANET!   I hope that one or another of
>our more technically inclined List-family members will
>devise a dedicated program for ya that will take most of
>the calendar input and somehow set it all up for posting
>AUTOMATICALLY on the List by date (HINT HINT).

hardly necessary;
the program we are using is very flexible
and has been designed as a calendar from the ground up

>Say Janet - whadda ya doing taking time out from typing
>up the Events Calendar to read this, huh?  Get yer nose
>back to the grindstone! <ducking 'n giggling>

yass'm!
right away ma'am!

your cyber-sis in silliness

janet

janet paterson aka calendar control supervisor
51/10 - sinemet/selegiline/prozac - [log in to unmask]
quotations: http://newww.com/cgi-bin/do_cal?c:newvoice
pwp event calendar: http://newww.com/cgi-bin/do_cal?c:pwpc