Dear List Friends,

Again, I want to thank everyone who responded to my urgent call for help
on Saturday when I mistakenly took 750 mg of regular Sinemet.  I do have
a reasonable (somewhat) explanation of how "it" happened, though I did enjoy
reading some of the less serious comments questioning my basic math skills.

I dissolve my daily dose of Sinemet into 1000 ml orange juice or Tang and
take 100 ml of the mixture every 2 hours.  Since Marty was home, he took over
the job of mixing and apportioning the mixture into 10 bottles.  I did not know

that he had not finished the process and when I went to take my drink , I
mistakenly
gulped down the undiluted mixture.  When he realized what I had done,
he screamed a lot but also fixed me peanut butter sandwiches and milk.
I called my doctor - away on vacation, and spoke with a neuro-resident on
duty.  After explaining to him the theory behind liquid Sinemet, he thought
I should have my stomach pumped.  He asked if I have a history of cardiac,
blood pressure,  or liver problems.  I don't!  He also said that  I will
probably experience  dyskinesias and nausea. Since he could not proscribe
medication, he suggested I call my GP and get Compazine for nausea. The
pharmacist told me that taking1500 mg of Sinemet would be cause for real
concern.

Observations and Questions:
1/  It is nice to be able to eat protein during the day and it is wonderful not
have to take medication every two hours.
2/  I had NO dyskinesias, until 7 hours after taking the meds, when I had
minor end-of-dose dk. just before I started to tremor and I knew I needed more
Sinemet. How come?
3/  I felt good, I had energy  - I was high!  I was able to work, shop, garden.
4/ I am told that I was "not my usual self" (?) - my speech was slurred, I was
slow in my thinking.  This is opposite to what I felt.  I suppose that the
feeling
of euphoria is quite common when taking cocaine, or other stimulants?
5/  if the half life of regular Sinemet is approx. 2 hours, how come I had a
7 hour free ride? Is the therapeutic effect cumulative?
6/  since 750 mg lasted 7 hours, does that mean that I really need 100 mg
per hour and basically I am always under medicated?  Hello, Brian???
7/  what role does Tasmar play in this equation?  I've been taking 300mg
per day and had cut my Sinemet from 1100 to 750.  But, the last week I
was not holding  the "ON" for the two hours. I was given the advice that
perhaps cutting the Tasmar in half would extend the ON.  I really had no
chance to give this alternative a proper trial yet.  Another complication
has arisen, I am having
the "Tasmar Runs" and from what I understand, once that side effect  happens,
there are only two alternatives, cut back on the Tasmar or stop taking it.
8/  While I felt really fine the day of the OD, I was a rag the day after
and even most of the day today.  I am tired and slow moving, though
I get plenty of rest in the bathroom/WC/loo.

So, dear comrades  - take my experience and see what we can learn.